Tuesday 22 November 2011

Humble Beginnings...

I'm starting this for mainly my own benefit. I think it will be a useful tool for looking back over past training and keeping on track to reach my goals. 


The main goal is a fairly straightforward one (I'm not sure it will be straightforward to achieve, but it is certainly straightforward to lay out), to complete the Tour Divide in the summer of 2013. The current plan is for Amy (my girlfriend) and myself to compete (I say compete, but the only people we will be racing are ourselves), with the idea to see some of America after the race is finished. 


For those of you that don't know, the Tour Divide is a 2711 mile mountain bike race from Banff, Canada, to Antelope Wells, on the Mexican border. It has over 210,000 vertical feet of climbing (more than climbing Mount Everest from sea level 7 times...). For more information, the official site is here: http://tourdivide.org/.


I plan to update this fairly regularly, after rides, and when I have other thoughts that could be relevant. 


So, the adventure has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment